Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas!!!

I thought I would be the only one online today... We are in the in between phase between Christmas morning and Christmas dinner. I just made my salad for tonight, and am trying to resist taking a nap. I would really LIKE a nap - but I a) don't have enough time to do it justice just now, and b) Katie and I lit a fire in the fireplace on the deck. Katie and Charles went to pick up Lex about two hours ago, and Laura left to do her family Christmas thing shortly after that. So - it is just me to keep the home fires from NOT burning down the home... so to speak. It probably is perfectly fine on it's own, but I know that is exactly WHEN fires burn down the house!! We lit it at about noon-ish, maybe sooner. The box says that it would burn up to three hours (Duraflame log) but that was OVER three hours ago - and it still seems to be burning very throughly. I am not sure what I will do if it is STILL burning in another hour... That would really be pushing it to make it to dinner on time.

I didn't exercise yesterday. I know it wasn't supposed to be part of the 12 days of Fitness, on purpose - but I still hoped to get some in. However, with grocery shopping, last minute gift wrapping, mass starting at 4pm - and getting to the church at three - and the Christmas Eve activities - that really left no time to exercise. I SHOULD have done some while I was killing time not taking a nap - but I cleaned the glass doors and finished listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Boo-Hoo!! I am all done with them now! This has filled my listening time for the last six months! I am going to miss Davina Porter and all of Claire and Jamie's peeps! Diana better get scurrying on the next one. She said she should haven it finished by the end of 2008 - but didn't know when it would be published. Sigh. I may have to start over with Outlander. I DO have three Lord John's - no, wait - FOUR - in audio format - but they are only between two and eight hours long. I will work my way through them first. Then I also downloaded two Anne Perry novels that Davina Porter also read - so I will do them next. But they won't take me any farther then February probably - what with my excursion to Fraiser's Ridge to learn to play the banjo next month. (Not really Fraiser's Ridge - but back country North Carolina none- the-less.

Anyway - I am going to take a quick shower (praying that the house doesn't burn down while I am doing it!!) (As an aside - I was sitting watching the fire on my deck listening to Jamie's and Claire's house burn down just about an hour ago...) before I get ready for dinner to night.

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's so funny -- I just finished listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes this past week, too! It's been on my iPod for just over a year -- I borrowed the disks from a friend of mine. Daniel gave me the whole Lord John collection in hardback, plus the last one in audio format. But I have to read the first two before I can listen to the third. It's not Davina Porter, so it's going to seem a bit odd at first, hearing the wrong voice for Diana Gabaldon's words. But I guess if the primary character is male the narrator should be, too.

Yesterday I threw in 5 minutes of crunches and situps right *after* my shower (which didn't make a lot of sense but I didn't want to break my two-week streak, as I'd just earned the 14-day fitness badge). Today I utterly failed to exercise and I can't even claim extra activity as "exercise" -- I was a lump a lot of the day. And I tried counting my calories on Daily Plate but my memory ran out after about 2800 calories -- I'm sure I ate other foods I forgot to list. I use the term "foods" liberally -- I at e a cinnamon roll for breakfast and a really awesome dinner but otherwise my entire day was junk. Candy and more candy and some chips (but not a lot) and pistachio nuts -- ooh! That's what I forgot to record!

Emily said...

And that's pistacho nuts, ha ha. By the way.