Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the eighth day of fitness, the exercise for me...

Well, for a little variety I did some Yoga. BUT - It was variety. I have been doing the Just My Size Yoga - which is nice for me, but a little on the low intensity (as if Yoga were ever HIGH intensity!) So I decided (since it was still early in the evening) I would try my Yoga for Inflexible People. I have never done this one. I did the Basic Standing Poses portion - and a little bit of the seated poses also. This one is basically the same as the JMS one - except the teacher is much better (southern accent and all!). She talks you through what you should be doing with your various muscles and bones - all very subtle movements, almost more meditative. But I can tell you it worked my muscles much harder. Try standing with your legs doing various stretches and angles an your arms at horizon angle at your shoulders for 30 minutes. It definitely works your shoulders, chest and upper arms!

I mixed up a batch of gingerbread cookies today - using half whole wheat flour. I think the texture is going to be very odd... I then thought it would be a good idea to do the auto clean on my oven. My whole house stinks and the fumes have given me a headache. I hid out in my sewing room and bed room most of the day wrapping presents.

No comments: