Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the second day of fitness, the exercise for me...

was 30 minutes on the stair climber, which I absolutely hated, because the range of motion on it was too high unless you use your arms on the ski poles to hold your feet back, and either way it's awkward.  Then I tried four different Hammer Strength machines -- these look like Nautilus machines but you have to haul the weights onto the equipment yourself, which means once you're settled it's a big nuisance to change the weight.  And they didn't force the arm muscles to be in synch, so I tend to get lopsided.  In short, this also was a failure as a new workout for me!  Oh, well.  Daniel showed up just as I finished Hammer Strength so I followed him to the elliptical and did 10 minutes on that, which made the whole workout feel better.  So I did 415 calories of cardio work today (according to the machines).

Daniel is doing a cycling class as we speak.  I hope he survives -- those classes are killers.  I'm going to try one next week, though, I hope.  Or maybe over the weekend.  My weight today was back up to 136 (but ranged from 135.5 to 137.5 over various weigh-ins throughout the morning, in varying levels of undress -- the 135.5 involved more clothing than the 137, but the 137 was post-breakfast.  But my scale is still a bit flaky!).

No comments: