Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fitness for me day seven

was once again Yoga. I really intended to do more of a variety of exercises during the 12 days - but in reality, I am just glad that we have this challenge because I suspect I wouldn't be exercising at all!

My weight, however, was up again today. I was 229.2. I know mine isn't muscle weight. I have read that this is mostly an false concept. While it is true that muscle weighs more than fat - you would have to have the same volume of muscle that you used to have in fat - which, in most cases, isn't the case. If you are building muscle, you are also burning fat and it isn't a 1 to 1 ratio - usually. That's for me anyway. Emily, you definitely don't have as much fat to burn as I do - so you may be in the gaining muscle camp - that is several states (probably countries) away from me.

I am off today so I think I will head to the gym right now and get a long work out in (both aerobic and resistant) before I get busy doing anything else.

No comments: