Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the fifth day of fitness, the exercise for me...

was 18 minutes of whatever I could scrape together while listening to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music.  I started out planning to do lots of ab work.  I didn't want to do anything involving arms because my arms still ache from Thursday and Friday, and I didn't want to do anything that would be demanding on my quads because tomorrow I have to do 2 laps of walking lunges, which Daniel did today, and he said they nearly knocked him flat, and his quads will be in rough shape tomorrow!  So that ruled out pretty much any tape I have except WAtP, which I've already done in our first four days, and I'm really trying to keep some variety going.  And without legs or arms, that leaves abs -- and mine need a lot of work, based on the classes I took this week.

Anyway, I did 100 crunches, some singles and some up-2-down-2 counts, and some with my legs up, but probably not enough of those.  And then I did about 25-30 things with my legs -- reverse curls, scissoring them down, bicycling them.  But I just can't last long on those.  I need to dig out my college workout -- I know I did 100 climb ropes each day when I was in my best shape, along with three or four other 100-ab things, such that Jane Fonda seemed wimpy when I got home for the summer.  Or I need to do Pilates every day.  Sigh.  When I wearied of those I went to speed crunches and got through 100, but by the end my arms and nose and toes were going numb, oddly enough, so I had to get up and move around.  So I just danced and jogged and bounced as long as I could.  I challenged Mary to a jumping contest to see who pooped out first -- and I won, both times, much to my total surprise!  But I guess she had less incentive to keep going.  I worked up a pretty good sweat with all of this, and my calves got tired from all the jumping, so I suppose it counts as a semi-decent workout even if I didn't use my arms.  Much.

No comments: