Monday, December 10, 2007

Deflated

Not my weight - that would be INflated. Me - I am deflated... I really thought I was on a downward trend - but, no... It was just my usual variety of weight... I was up to 227.2 yesterday and then 228 today. I have stayed within my calories - since a week ago Wednesday. I didn't formally exercise this weekend - so that probably didn't help. BUT - Saturday night at the HCC Gala my eating was very restrained. I only had ONE mushroom cap with crab - and it was only about 1/2" - the smallest one on the plate. I had dinner - but that was mostly salad and vegetables. I also had Roast Turkey (which is low in calories) and about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes with gravy - oh! and pasta (about 1/3 cup) I forgot about that... Then for dessert I had one mini cannolli and one gingerbread square dipped in chocolate. Oh - and a sweetened coffee - but I used skim milk, so that still isn't too bad. PLUS - then, I added the event in under Physical Exercise - since it was out of my normal routine. I coded it as "crafts, standing, light exertion" - which is pretty much what it was. For four hours. So - that pretty much would cancel out the mini cannolli...

I didn't go to the gym either day this weekend - although I planned to both days. Tonight I am definitely going.

Last night Katie and I went to Bonefish after church. That was the first time in a LONG time! I got the arctic charr with spinach and lump crab. I had steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side. I boxed up half of it before I even started to eat... With the exception of the sundried tomatoe and garlic lime butter drizzle on top of the fish it wasn't too unhealthy.

The HGTV Dream Home is open for tours online now. Again, it is a pretty home - but not MY dream home. The North Carolina house was my dream home. Not to say I won't enter everyday once that opens up. 8-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

How much water are you drinking? My daily weight fluctuations and even my weekly results seem to depend VERY heavily on that number. During weeks when I'm stuck, I almost always got only 2-4 glasses of water a day. Then I have two or three good days of drinking 6-8 per day and I see a DEFINITE drop. It's very weird -- I tend to want to hold off on water, especially on Mondays, because I know my Tuesday weight will show water weight. But if I drink MORE water, I weigh LESS! I know the reasoning behind this -- if I drink more my body doesn't try to hang onto it so desperately so I only keep what I really need, and releasing water boosts my metabolism. But it still is counterintuitive -- a pint of water weighs a pound, so when I drink four pints I ought to see four pounds on the scale, right? (Instead I see 800 trips to the bathroom... sigh.)

My point is, DON'T be discouraged by the numbers. I have weeks where I ate under 1200 calories every day and my weight didn't budge -- and a week where I ate no more than 1800 calories every day and far less several days and I gained weight -- and a week where I ate 2400 calories one day and lost weight. So long as I stick to the water and to the calorie plan and try to keep exercising, I am seeing a general downward trend. The column I read in the paper says that after a renewed commitment to a low-cal, high-exercise life it takes 2-3 weeks before you see any true results.

My weight chart confirms that, BTW -- I started getting serious in mid-October and my weight stayed in the same general 5-pound range and it was 23 days before I finally dropped below that. DON'T GIVE UP! I've been so impressed by your efforts since you started with TDP!

Amy said...

I have not been consistant with my water - but I also haven't been tracking it. I will try to pay more attention to it going forward and see if that does have an impact.