Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lost momentum

I was 227.6 on Tuesday - I don't think I posted that. THEN I dropped to 226.0 yesterday - figures. But I was back up to 227.0 today. So - I guess the 226 didn't count.

I am mildly addicted to Daily Plate. It is very easy to use - and is motivational to exercise because you get to eat more if you work out. I know that is logical - but TDP puts it into black and white - or orange and white anyway.

I didn't exercise Tuesday (after Claire's birthday party) but my calorie count for the day was low - even AFTER pizza and birthday cake. I guess it was a good thing that I didn't eat anything after my morning orange. Then yesterday we were being snowed on. I could have shovelled - but I was waiting for it to stop - and then Katie did it when she got home from school (early). I really am a snow driving chicken - so I didn't go to the gym and didn't exercise either (mostly because I hadn't filled in My Daily Plate - because I ate a whole lot of junk all day!).

I did almost kill myself by trying to walk in snowy shoes on my kitchen floor. One foot slid out from under me - so I grabbed the counter - then when I tried to rebalance myself the OTHER shoe slid out from me - leaving me hanging from the counter top by my finger tips (all of my nails broke). I managed to get my shoes off and readjust myself with no other damange... except this morning I have a horrible cramp in my left wrist. It feels like the tradtional decriptions of carpel tunnel syndrom - except I am sure it is a pulled muscle from my snow acrobatics.

So my mission tonight is to go to the gym.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good grief!