Monday, December 10, 2007

Me, too, lost momentum

I had a terrible time this weekend staying motivated.  I didn't exercise at all except for crunches and half-push-ups on Saturday evening.  On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was higher on calories (gross, not net, though on Sunday it was the same thing) than I should be.  Today I woke up and it's gloomy and I was groggy and it's hard to get back on the wagon.  Sigh.

My gym has a program going called "The 12 Days of Fitness" which requires you to do twelve different activities of a list of  nineteen, all before the 22nd.  Since I started on the 6th this doesn't give me a lot of leeway.  I finished three of them last week -- I did 3 miles on the track and 30+ minutes on the bike, and I did an upper body workout on the Nautilus-type machines.  Fortunately I am allowed to double up the weight exercises with aerobic days or I'd be in real trouble.  Today I'm going to go to a Pilates class.  I've never been to a class at this gym before and never done Pilates in public before so this should be a hoot!  I'm hoping getting moving again will help me get re-motivated on the diet.

No comments: