Friday, December 28, 2007

Overeating

I expected to eat too much on Christmas, but I haven't been able to STOP eating since then!  My meals have been fine -- normal portion sizes and some restraint there -- but my snacking is out of control.  The candy from  my stocking is quite moderate and if I'd stuck to that I'd be maintaining my restraint.  But there is candy all over the house and I'm eating it even when I don't really want it much.  And last night Daniel and I together ate most of a bag of pistachios -- which aren't too bad in moderation, but when they start to make your lips shrivel you know you've had too many.  So today I am trying to have fresh resolve.  So far it has only gone OK; I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, but I ate two of Daniel's mother's turtles this morning and a slice of chocolate orange after lunch.  If I keep it to that level I might just get by, but we'll see.

I completely missed exercise on Tuesday and only did crunches on Sunday and Monday, so by Wednesday I was getting antsy.  So on Wednesday and Thursday I went to the gym, and today I have an appointment again.  I'm not sure what I'll manage next week; I may have to bring WAtP with me just to have something.  It's getting so I hate to miss exercise for more than a day! 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Come to my gym with me. I am sure I can get a guest pass. I will ask tonight...

Emily said...

That would be awesome -- I'd love to go. We're coming up tomorrow but probably won't get there until about 7 or 8, so I wouldn't need the pass until later in the week.