Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Eleventh day of Fitness

The exercise for me was gardening. I decided that since I had so much to do today I would do a useful exercise. I gave myself the option of walking to the liquor store to pick up two gifts or to tear up the garden and rake the back yard free of its smothering pine needles. I chose the gardening since there was no faster way of doing it and the trip to the liquor store COULD be accomplished much more quickly if I DROVE there instead.

I like fall gardening (winter, now I guess!) since you do get a good solid workout (both cardio and muscular depending on what you are doing...) but in the fall you have the added advantage of NOT sweating to death. Additionally you don't have to worry about if something is a real plant or a weed because EVERYTHING needs to go. AND - there are considerably fewer bugs.

Being that I did the exercise early in the day I was functioning on negative calories for a while. That is nice too. Sadly, it didn't last.

No comments: