Monday, December 17, 2007

On the sixth day of fitness, the exercise for me...

was 2 laps of walking lunges, which weren't anywhere near as terrible as I expected them to be after Daniel's experience.  My theory is that they're easier for women than men because our center of gravity is so much lower.  I got a decent workout -- my heart rate was 162 when I stopped and my glutes were tired, but it was manageable.  It was only 16 minutes total, though.  I also did 5 minutes of elliptical as a warm-up and 7 minutes of bike (no ellipticals were open) afterwards while I waited for Daniel to finish on his machine.  Then I also did an upper body workout with the free weights, under Daniel's tutelage, and it was fine but I didn't have much luck finding the right weight for me most of the time -- it would take me a couple of workouts to get real exercise out of this.  But I prefer the Nautilus-style machines anyway.

My calves are sore today from the jumping contests yesterday.  Serves me right!

No comments: