Monday, December 03, 2007

Flatlining

Since Tuesday my weight has been completely stuck -- either 139.5 or 140.0 every single day. Talk about being consistent. I better be building up some muscle, because I sure as heck am not losing any weight! The very highest my net calories have been any given day was 1010, and most days my actual calories weren't a whole lot higher than that. My "worst" day, calorie-wise, was 1400ish calories on Saturday, but that was the day I ran 6+ miles so I figured it was justified. I've had at least a little exercise every day for the past week (although it was just crunches two of the days -- again, I've balanced that with more vigorous days) so there's no reason for me NOT to be losing weight. The only thing I haven't done especially well is water; I've only gotten about 4 cups most days, and some days less. So today my goal is to get enough water in the hopes that MAYBE I'll see a drop tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath.

Good news for Daniel, though -- when he fastened his belt today it was too loose on its regular setting and he had to tighten it to a smaller hole. Hooray!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, thank goodness! I thought this was the week you'd catch me--the scale has been very stubbornly stuck at exactly 138.4 EVERY SINGLE DAY since last Tuesday! I think it flashed on 138.6 one day before settling on 138.4. It's very frustrating. I haven't been as good with the food, though--I've hit my net goal every day but one, but my actual calories has been high each day. I've been active, though, and that's what's preventing actual weight gain--every day I've either gone to the gym or walked three miles or been otherwise active (lots of building Ikea furniture and dragging sofas around getting the new room together). I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'm at least a little bit below 138.4 tomorrow--normally I drop between Monday and Tuesday as my body is shocked back into weekday mode!