Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Weigh in

I was 217.2 this morning. I didn't walk on the treadmill this morning yet either. I didn't sleep well last night - I woke up probably ever hour or two. I fell right back to sleep, but it was like I was doing my early morning waking up thing ALL night long. But the real reason I didn't walk on the treadmill this morning is that last night at the trainer's my shins were hurting SO BAD they felt like they were on fire. I know this was just because since Sunday moring I had done more walking than I have in a long time and the muscles were fatigued. They were so bad that when he had me doing sit ups they were hurting THEN! I need to do some toe alphabets to see if I can get them better before tonight when I HAVE to do my walking.

The workout wasn't too bad. It isn't something I am looking forward to repeating - but I survived it. I am a little bit sore this morning - but I have been worse. He mostly was working on assessing what I can take (not much! I am a wimp!) on my upper body. Which, I guess means he will do my lower body on Wednesday. He started out with my shoulder muscles that I have such a hard time with. Figures! He had me doing everything in three or four sets of 10 (a few sets of 20 or 15 depending on what the exercise was). There were three other people there when I arrived, so apparently he overlaps people - which is fine as far as I am concerned. In addition to working my upper body he had me do some calf raises (easy!) and then leg extensions - which I normally have no problem with - but by the time we got to them I was exhausted... so I only got through two sets of 15 and couldn't do anymore. The only thing I COULDN'T do is when he had me lay on my back and lift my legs straight up. I can't do that. He didn't believe me, until I showed him I couldn't do it. So - he made me do one leg at a time - but then he didn't count them on my chart. Meanie! I can't help it that I can't lift my legs up - find a different exercise and move on! I mean - How often do you find yourself in a position of having to lay on your back and raise your legs - NEVER!

My food was pretty good yesterday. We had tilapia for dinner last night - which is one of my favorites!

No comments: