Monday, March 05, 2007

Maybe my scale is broken

I don't know how much my weight increased in a 24 hour period because I forgot to weigh myself on Sunday, but between Saturday (214.2) and today (218!!!!!) I gained SEVENTEEN POUNDS! Or - close enough!!!! I am not sure what happened.

I went out Saturday night - but actually called it an early night - and went home at midnight. I had two drinks plus one at home earlier with dinner. Katie and I went grocery shopping on Saturday and we have decided that the poverty ridden countries are on to something. We bought a bunch of rice, dried peas, lentils, bananas, etc. to make some of the freaky International recipes that Katie downloaded off of the Operation Rice Bowl website. Lots of food - but comparatively, not very expensive. I made a big pot of Burundian Spinach Stew after church. It was VERY yummy - although it looked and smelled exactly like what you would expect African food to look and smell like.

Yesterday I was worse. I had meatless Eggs Benedict for breakfast, Girl Scout Cookies for lunch and then Katie and I used my Red Robin coupons for dinner. I went meatless... but as we established on Friday, meatless is NOT low cal. I had the fried fish sandwich - AND onion rings (althought I only had two - maybe three - of them). Katie had the garden burger. I must say - the meatless Red Robin experience was kind of disappointing. The margaritas were good, the onion rings were good, but the sandwiches needed something - like a big fat BEEF patty!

I snacked on pistachio nuts all weekend too.

So - I guess it all caught up with me today. The upside of this all is that I am now motivated to LOSE it all. I want to lose 8 pounds in the next month. I want to be down to 210 by Easter. Is it possible? Well - it would be if we used my Friday weight of 213.8 - harder if we use today's weight. I was already disgusted with the floppy nature of my belly fat - and motivated to exercise (well, I THOUGHT about exercise). So - maybe my stars are aligning now. I have an appointment with the nutritionist on the 20th. I am not expecting any great progress from her - but who knows. Maybe she will give me drugs.

No comments: