Friday, March 23, 2007

My excuses are getting worse

That is, they seem to be reproducing. Yesterday I cleaned out the basement for most of the afternoon, so at least I was productive and mildly active. But then I planned to exercise after Daniel went back to work in the evening, after the kids were in bed (I cleaned up the kitchen while he was putting them down). But after he came downstairs we worked on some graphics problems for a while, and I continued after he left, and then just as I shut that down to start exercising, Patrick Dolge (!!) called! We were on the phone for 45 minutes, and by then it was 11:15 and I was exhausted. And I still had to take vitamins and medicine and do my nighttime routine, so I gave up on exercise. Sigh.

Today I have an appointment at the gym, so there's no excuse possible. Except my stomach is upset, I think from my period, which arrived on day 19 of this past cycle. How is that possible??? My period barely just ended! It's not quite that bad -- it did stop 2 days early this month and plunged straight into what looked like fertility, which I thought I was misreading, but apparently I wasn't. Ugh. Anyway, I hope my stomach settles by this afternoon or I'm going to have a lousy time at the gym.

Daniel is out of town starting tomorrow so I can't use him as an excuse anymore -- I have no reason not to exercise every day, since I'm not working around someone else's schedule!

No comments: