Friday, March 30, 2007

Update

OK - for those of you that haven't heard, yesterday TESSCO was raided by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) along with eight other (eight total?) companies in Maryland who used Jones Networking for temps. Apparently Jones has been under investigation since October and the bust was yesterday. TESSCO feels a little slighted because we weren't mentioned in ANY of the news bulletins. Under Armor and Baltimore Port Authority got a lot of attention. We - however - are sticklers about proper documentation, even with our temp agencies. We had just done a self audit about two months ago that included requiring our agencies to provide us with proof of right to work in the US. We did have two people taken away - but they didn't work for Jones and we DID have paperwork on them, but the ICE people told us that the documentation was fake - good, but fake. Never-the-less, about 30 agents with flak jackets and guns invaded TESSCO, took us all into the cafe, asked for i.d. and stuff. There was a helicopter over head. It was very surreal, but not as frightening (for us) as you may think. WE (HR) then spent the rest of the day RE-auditing our I-9s, running reports and meeting with lawyers about this. It was very stressful - but kind of interesting. The timing couldn't have been worse. Our fiscal year ends on Sunday so yesterday and today are the last days to get everything done. So that was my cardio for the day...

Anyway - then last night, as soon as I got home Katie and I went to Bonefish for our Bi-weekly trip there. I had Rockfish with crab and asparagus, and steamed vegetables. And much needed mojitos. Yum!

My weight this morning was 219 - yesterday was 218.8, Wednesday was 218 - or something. Maybe it was 217 - I don't know. All I know is that I am VERY SORE. But it is achy sore, like I am getting the flu rather than muscle sore like I worked out hard. I did not do any exercise yesterday. By the time Katie and I got back from Bonefish, I set up the coffee pot and went to bed because this morning I had to be at work at 5:30 (I made it by 5:45) - so I needed to get up two hours earlier than usual. That means I also didn't walk this morning. I will definitely have to walk tonight. I would like to get out of here early, but we have a 3pm meeting today that will probably go until 5pm.

Luckily, I changed my workout time for tomorrow from 8:30am to 9:30am. BUT - on Monday I have to be at work at the crack of dawn again, and I will probably be working late - so I don't know what I will do about by Monday time. Maybe I will move it to Tuesday.

No comments: