Tuesday, March 06, 2007

146.0 -- again

That's actually up from last week but last week was a fluke, so it's not really any change from the last two months. BUT I have been eating OK -- no sweets and not too much junk (last night we opened some gourmet cheese and it was amazing but so subtle that you had to eat it slowly so we hardly ate any), and I've started exercising again! Yesterday Daniel came home early so I could get to the gym, and I did 30 minutes on the bike, three sets on the chest press, two sets on the shoulder press, and three sets on the VKR. I have lost a lot of upper body tone; my starting weights were lower on both of the machines and I had to go down quickly, especially on the shoulder press. On that one I wound up at the lowest possible weight and couldn't do any more sets. But if it went away that quickly, surely it will come back as quickly if I work at it.

Today I did the 30 minute walk-jog at home. I have started NO EXCUSES exercising -- seven days a week -- from now until Easter. Then I'll take Easter off but I'm going to try to stick with it even longer. We shall see. It feels so good to be moving again. Tomorrow evening we have an appointment at the gym, and we have one for next Monday as well. Now I have it on my calendar for 9 am every MWF to call them to get a slot. But if I don't call before 10 I'm lucky to get anything, so the times I'm landing are less than ideal. They need more childcare! (Or I need fewer kids, but that's not gonna happen!) Heaven help us if I have another child -- then I'd need FIVE slots once the baby arrived (baby counts double) and that's durn near impossible. Sheesh.

No comments: