Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meal Times

Other than dinner I don't know how to eat a meal in one sitting. I have been trying today - but I keep getting distracted. Breakfast didn't take me long to eat, once I got it together... at about 10:30! That was cereal, skim mik and grapefruit (and coffee of course!). Then lunch was leftover fish from Bonefish last night and a salad. I ate the fish just fine - but is taking me a long time to finish the salad. I am not sure why... and I still have my lunch fruit (grapefruit juice squoze from my breakfast grapefruit) to eat!

I am working from home today since the Verizon people are supposed to be coming to fix my DSL. A very nice (and kind of cute in a bald way) man came around 10am and couldn't get a signal at the jack or at the outside phone box - and so came back to tell me he had to bump it back to the home office to see what was happening. He then called me back in 20 minutes to say that he was being reassigned to a downed cable and that someone else would be getting back to me. Shoot! I asked him what that meant for me. He said - well, I hate to have you stick around your house all day - just make sure you are available when they need to come back. I asked if that would be today - and he said it should be... but here I sit at 1:39 and still no DSL! The phones (not the line, but the phones) seem to be dead too. They are about 3 or so years old, so it wouldn't surprise me if they died completely. Sigh. That means I need to replace them too. Grrrr.

Well, I finish my salad - and I am too full to eat anymore. See - THIS is why I graze during the day - I fill up fast and can't fit in the healthy food I am supposed to eat.

No comments: