Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Real exercise

An hour and a half in the garden yesterday put all those muscle machines at the gym to shame! After pulling weeds and squatting and standing up repeatedly, my arms and hamstrings were aching and my muscles were wobbly all over. It wasn't aerobic, but I counted that as my exercise anyway. Today I have the soreness that I lacked yesterday. Whew!

Tonight I have an appointment at the gym, so I'll get exercise that way. It seems a shame to waste this gorgeous weather, but I just can't get the aerobic workout I need when I have the kids in tow. I am hoping once Daniel is back in town I can use some of the non-gym days to go for an outside run.

I was 141.5 again this morning. I would love to get below 140 before Easter because I know I'm not likely to see it in the week after Easter! So I'm going to do my best to watch my calorie intake for the next ten days.

No comments: