Friday, March 02, 2007

"Meatless" should mean "Low Cal"

Because I've been making some awesome bean burritos this week, but the TORTILLA has 180 calories alone! Eeek! And it gets worse -- I cooked black beans and leftover corn in Kroger's taco seasoning -- not sinless right there -- and added salsa and brown rice and mounds of cheese. It's not quite up to the Mean Bean's standard but it's still soooo yummy and very filling and it's not fish.

Tonight we're having fish. Tilapia, which I don't usually fix, so we'll see.

Apart from being meatless the whole time Daniel was out of town I haven't been doing well at all. I haven't exercised except for 22 lengths at the pool on Wednesday, which didn't amount to very much time, though one length was butterfly just to see if I could still do it (tecnically, no, though I did flail until I reached the end of the pool and I didn't drown). I haven't had any sweets, though last night for the first time I was SORELY tempted when I learned Daniel's flight was cancelled and he wouldn't be home until noon today, which made me totally blue. But then he got put on a flight to Greensboro that should have arrived around 10 pm, which meant I had to drive 2 hours to pick him up. Except it didn't come in until nearly 2 am, by which time he'd long since lost his space on the flight that would have arrived this noon so we were stuck having to drive down in the middle of the night. I got to bed around 5 am. So exercise today is looking mighty unlikely!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yikes! Sounds like a horrible travel experience, although probably yesterday was one of the worst days of the year to be flying--no matter where you went, you had to go through a storm.

Tilapia is yummy. We buy big bags of the frozen filets and just broil them with olive oil and dill.