Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm banning Doritoes and chips from my house

Not just because I can't seem to keep out of them, but also because if we have them in the house, that's all Connor will eat. For some reason Brian picked up two bags of Doritoes when he went shopping yesterday. Connor hasn't been eating much of anything recently since he's been so sick, but we started antibiotics on Tuesday so he was feeling a bit better last night, so I made him a grilled cheese sandwich and he literally wouldn't touch it, but kept demanding more chips. I finally got some applesauce in him with his nighttime meds, then 15 minutes later after beating me to a bloody pulp (or so it seemed) during his breathing treatment, he threw everything up all over the computer keyboard. Kids are such a joy. So now I'm just not allowing food in the house that has no nutritional value at all. If Connor is going to eat almost nothing and throw up what little he does eat, it better be nutritious to start.

Anyway, except for my one serving of Doritoes my food yesterday was boringly healthy, I ran three miles, flossed my teeth, and except for turning into a complete banshee after Connor puked on the keyboard I was a total model citizen yesterday.

1 comment:

Emily said...

We have the same problem with Cecilia -- she refuses almost everything except junk. Pretzels are as healthy as it gets (though I've discovered she considers tuna a big treat, too, so that's something). Fortunately we don't keep junk drinks around at all, and after one round of (calcium-enriched) OJ, if she asks for more she seems to believe me when I tell her it's all gone, and then she drinks milk all day, so that must be why she's still thriving. If you can call a 21-pound 21-month-old thriving!