Friday, March 02, 2007

Not Low Cal

Emily - why do you think you meet so many fat vegetarians? They fill up on white flour, pasta, cheese, and stuff. Then they put sour cream on it all. ACTUALLY - meat really isn't all that high in calories in comparison to a lot of foods... especially chicken and fish - it is how you prepare it.

That being said - Katie and I went to Bonefish last night, and sushi the night before. Both COMPLETELY within our meatless resolution - but plenty fattening all the same. THEN - I topped off my dinner late last night with icecream. I didn't want ice cream really - but I wanted to use MY NEW DISHES!!! I LOVE THEM! They arrived yesterday afternoon, so Katie and I went to pick them up after dinner. After displaying them on my counter all night, I had a bowl of ice cream. My stomach had been acting wonky all day - my spastic colon was spasaming for a good chunk of the day... so the ice cream DID NOT sit well. I was too tired to be sick - so first thing this monring, I was bolting for the potty. This was good because it left me with my weight down to 213.8.

No exercise still. I have to start that up again...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just do it.

Which is a pretty good slogan, actually. I mean, you're never going to want to exercise and there will never be the perfect time to exercise, so just suck it up and get on the treadmill no matter how tired or hungry or busy or unmotivated you are.

Connor and Claire played in the boxes of styrofoam all evening. I eventually divided the packing peanuts into the two boxes so they could each have one. They were having way too much fun!

Emily said...

I know it's *not* low cal; the cheese pitfall was a problem for Daniel and me when we tried to cook vegetarian at home when we lived in GA. But the vegetarians we knew were all skinny, oddly enough. And only one I knew was vegan, so that's not the reason. I think most of them had a health bent to it anyway (among other reasons) so they were careful to avoid the full-fat foods except as a treat.

I need to Just Do It on exercise, too! What does it take to get our lazy behinds off the couch??