Thursday, March 08, 2007

Two jogbras......

....all clean and ready for service today and tomorrow. No excuses now.

Brian has been busily fixing stuff around the house the past few days, all those big and little annoying things that he doesn't seem to notice until they reach a critical mass. So he's been changing lightbulbs and fixing sinks and tightening doorknobs and gluing broken things. And while he hasn't actually switched the faucet in the kitchen, he DID buy a new one (sorry, guys, the one you got me for Christmas doesn't work with our sink) so that'll get fixed. This is all relevant because the other HUGE thing he plans to fix this weekend is the utility sink in the basement. The area around the drain corroded and water now leaks all over the place from it (and idiots that we are, we just kept running the dehumidifier down there. It took us a WEEK to think of putting a bucket under it!). Putting in a new utility sink is no big deal, except that the old one is solid cement. I have no idea how we're doing to get that one out of the basement! And the relevance of the utility sink in the basement is that while that's out of commission, I won't be able to do laundry, so the plan was to skip last weekend's laundry and do it all this Friday and Saturday so that Brian will have up to two weeks to get the old sink out and the new one in place. So when I run out of jogbras again, I might be out of luck if Brian is having problems with the sink. (Really, that story was going somewhere that related to weight loss.)

My tapeworm has been busily working as well. I was down to 132.2 this morning. And that was with dinner at McDonald's last night (of course I had the grilled Asian chicken salad with fat-free sesame ginger dressing, so didn't do too much damage) and no exercise. Weird. It'll be really disappointing when my weight bounces back up, though, as I fully expect it to do.

No comments: