Monday, March 01, 2010

Rambling

This past weekend kicked off a run of very busy weekends for us. Our weeks are no better during the semester; we both work all day every day, then Peter has class Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I teach Tuesday and Thursday nights, and somewhere in there I also have to find time for the online statistics class I am taking. I am out of practice for schoolwork; it took me 4 hours Saturday morning to get my lab assignment done. Sheesh.

Anyways, I spent all Saturday morning doing homework, then we had to get up to Marian's in PA to go to a Hershey Bears hockey game. We got home from that around midnight. Then I sat up reading a book I had just gotten about my friend Amy Mantay's close friends that were murdered back in 2002. It is such a poorly written book, and the whole story just makes me angry, but I couldn't put it down until some time after 2 am. Yesterday we had a slew of chores to tackle, and it was the Festival of Colors in India, so we went to my friend Sharad's house for a traditional meal. Ruchi is going to teach me to make proper curry. She also made this dessert out of carrots that was delicious. It reminded me of rice pudding, but not as creamy. So from Sharad's house we stopped at the grocery store. When we finally did get home around 7:30 pm, I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill while Peter acquired a pizza for dinner. Then I settled down and finished the poorly written book that angered me. I am glad I read it quickly and that it is over with.

I'm going to try to walk for at least 30 minutes each day this week and see how that works. We have a trip to NYC scheduled for this upcoming weekend, so I hope that doesn't destroy the tiny bit of momentum I have going from exercising 2x in 5 days. Totally pathetic, but better than 0x in 5 days.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I want to borrow that book from you. You know how I love true crime stories (I have NO idea where I got that interest from!). I read an article by the same author on Crime Library (I think I told you about it at the time) and I agree with you that he is NOT very good - but I am interested in the story itself.

Julie S said...

Well, I actually bought you a copy as a birthday present. I know that a murder story about people I've actually met is a completely bizarre gift, but I also know how much you enjoy true crime AND how much you "appreciate" the idea of degrees of separation so I got you a copy. :-)

Julie S said...

Oh--it should arrive sometime this week. I had it shipped directly to you.