Monday, March 22, 2010

Upper respiratory death?

I think I might have caught the upper respiratory death that Julie has. It hardly seems fair--I don't get sick very often at all, and when I do, it's a mild cold. But last week I had the stomach virus mid-week for a day and a half, and then on Friday I caught this awful cold. I can't remember when I was last this congested or had such a sore throat!

I'm curious to see what my weight will be tomorrow. With my illnesses and activities this weekend I haven't been very consistent with my diet or exercise. I only went for one run last week before getting sick. I did yoga one day and my back exercises once or twice, but that was it. I spent nearly five hours trudging around a stream yesterday pulling out trash, which made my muscles sore (mostly from dragging buckets of trash up the embankment) but didn't burn too many calories since it was just a slow walk the whole time. I'm off to the gym again in a few minutes, just as soon as this rain shower passes (brought a rain coat but no umbrella. How's that for planning ahead?). My diet has been similarly spotty--I didn't eat at all for nearly two days, then made up for it on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday I got going too late to have breakfast before church, so I started the day with a quick lunch (since I essentially had to run from church to the stream) of just a sandwich, then got fed a hot dog and tiny piece of cake by the Daisy scouts after the stream clean up. I snarfed some cookies when I got home, but that was it for my food for the day--probably as many calories as most days, but little of it especially healthy.

I need to focus this week on consistent exercise. I'm off of work the next two weeks (Balto Co spring break followed by Howard Co. spring break) so I'll need to be really disciplined to exercise during that time--it'll mean either getting up before the crack of dawn to exercise (Brian is leaving for work at 6:15 these days) or getting myself together to exercise between when he gets home from work and leaves for school (3:45 - 5:15). It can be done. I just won't like doing it!

No comments: