Thursday, March 04, 2010

First to check or first to post?

First, I want to know if commenting counts as writing on the blog? I have checked in each day, but I have mostly just been commenting.

So, yesterday I had an accupuncture appointment. I told her that I wanted to actively start "dieting" again. I have been steadily gaining weight - in very small increments, but increasing none-the-less. I know my experience with dieting has been very NOT effective, but I have to do something - and I have been pretty bad about eating since this fall. Actually I guess since this summer when Katie stopped making me breakfast. So - that has been the better part of nine months. Anyway, Shea did a really neat treatement for me to support dieting. I don't know if it was at all effective. It didn't stop me from eating junk last night - but the junk was less appealing to me. So, maybe now all I have to do is not eat when the food is not appealing.

I have rescheduled my sleep study part two for next Thursday night. It was supposed to be last night, however, I have this head cold, and my period just started, so I rescheduled. I don't know if treating my sleep apnea will help with my weight management, but it sure as heck can't hurt. As Julie said, getting a good night sleep is top priority for the road to happiness.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think commenting should count. We're long past the days of "I ate this and this and this and drank this much water and exercised for 35 minutes." If we all posted stuff like that, we'd all go back to not reading anymore because it's just so boring. Comments at least mean that you're reading what other people have written.

Emily said...

I agree -- commenting counts. We're just trying to keep the blog alive to keep the whole problem of health and fitness at the front of our minds. I *have* been posting the boring "I ate this and this and this and drank this much water and exercised for 35 minutes" just because I can't often come up with anything else to say but I want to show I'm here and thinking about things. Maybe I should come up with a list of controversial diet-related topics to post on instead? ;-)