Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ouch.

So I was realizing today that my days this week are getting progressively worse. Monday's activities were laundry and taking the kids shopping for Easter clothes. Kinda fun. Tuesday Connor woke up at 5 a.m. having wet the bed, so I had to wash all of his bedding and then I spent a good two hours cleaning out the really disgustingly filthy refrigerator. I hate that task. Today Connor woke up at 3:30 a.m., then conked out again at 7 on the one day that we had to be out the door in the morning. When we arrived at Mom and Dad's house, Connor had the world's biggest poop that took most of my wipes to clean up and then I had to wash his pants and socks since I hadn't brought extra clothes. I went from that fun to the dentist, where I spent an hour and a half being beaten up. Now I feel like someone ripped off my cheek and pounded on my teeth and jaw for a while, which isn't far from the truth.

None of that has anything to do with losing weight, except insofar as I haven't really eaten much today. But dinner was homemade chicken soup (question: I've been trying to replicate Dad's homemade soup for YEARS and have never gotten close; why did it never occur to me until yesterday to look in the damn family cookbook for the recipe? Worked perfectly the first time. I'm an idiot.) and homemade dill bread, so I did overeat on both of those. Yum.

Exercise today was supposed to be another bout of home cardio silliness, but that didn't happen. Right after dinner Connor wanted to go for a walk and we ended up out for two hours doing the Catonsville tour--down to the library, then stops at Bill's Music, the playground, the 7-11 and our neighbor's swingset on the way home. It was a two mile walk at a snail's pace. I'll probably do my back exercises after I get the kids in bed. My back has been killing me since the jump roping I did on Monday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG! You have my complete sympathy! How many more sessions is he going to take to finish the root canal?

You should be automatically skinny and in shape. You should get extra credit for your reduced sleep and extra laundry time - not to mention the stress of running out of wipes!!