Thursday, March 04, 2010

No harm done

Well, maybe only a little harm. My eating this week while we were away was really terribly bad, to the point that by the last full day I'd given up entirely on even trying to keep track of what foods were going in, let alone how much. I did all right on the first day or so of the trip, but Outback killed that. Then each day I'd be all right through lunch, and dinner would knock me flat. Yesterday was a little better, with the drive; I was able to choose a light lunch, and then we had pizza at dinner, which I didn't overeat. I also didn't try to record the calories, figuring I'd start fresh today, on a normal day. My activity level was good the first two full days we were there, so I didn't need to exercise, but the third day was busy all day and my step count never got above 4,000 or so. I'm not sure when I could have managed to fit the exercise room in! In any case, my weight was still under 154 today, so I didn't immediately regain the pound or two I'd lost.

Today I'm back to normality. I've eaten light all day (and I'm out of almonds -- those are my healthy snack that I pace through the day, and nothing else seems to appeal to me the same way, so I'm down a few calories from a normal day) and we're having salmon and whole wheat couscous for dinner. I went to the gym and did my step class (couldn't get my usual spot where I can't see the mirror, so I was forced to observe my hips and butt for an hour -- ugh!) so I'm up to 8600 steps already, and I should be able to round that out to 10k before the end of the day.

Tomorrow is a busy Friday -- not much hope for me on exercise, but at least I also won't have time to snack!

No comments: