Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day off

When setting up my exercise schedule for this week, I took Thursday off so I could sleep "late" (if 6:15 counts as late!) and not worry about fitting in exercise around work and scouts. Girl Scouts was so much fun today--we're getting ready for our Community Event on Saturday so we made our display for Brazil, made carnaval masks and made brigadeiros, a traditional Brazilian candy. The kids seemed to like it, but I thought it was kind of gross. It's just sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cocoa powder cooked until it's gummy, then rolled into balls and rolled in chocolate jimmies or sugar. It was invented in the 1930's when it was too expensive to import sweets from elsewhere (why? Why did Brazil, a huge sugar and cocoa producer, ever have to import sweets?) and Nestle was pushing their new products. I'm glad that Brazil got the brigadeiros and we got key lime pie instead!

So nothing to report really, except that apparently I am capable of being around sugary sweet things without eating them all!

No comments: