Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three blind mice ....

See how they run. Well those mice are getting more exercise than I am. I just started a new job last week after doing a temp job for about a month. My schedule has been all over the place and I don't have puking children, a pack of mice or a flock of Girl Scouts invading my home.

What's funny is my new job is primarily blogging, I'm trying to keep up my personal blog and remember to stop by here and put in my tarnished cent.

I'm trying to do a couple of things -- bring my lunch to work everyday. That consists of a salad with yogurt and almonds for a snack later in the day. I've just about got that routine back in full swing. It will get easier when the good veggies come back in spring/summer.

Then next is getting in a workout. I've been trying to get myself into a daily routine but it's still sporadic. So I'm working on it.

I've put on some hibernation weight but I also feel like it's *age* weight across the midsection. Regardless I know I need to pick up my exercise because I feel so much better when I'm regularly exercising. I just have to focus and stick with the routine. Yeah, easier said than done but I've done it before.

The warmer weather will certainly help in spurring me to get outside and get some exercise. I've been riding the Metro and doing a lot of walking and running escalators. But it's still not enough.

OK, I've got to go root out a pack of roaming cats in the house ... not sure how they got in yet. heehee

No comments: