Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wish I could keep the reduced appetite without the nausea!

So I started feeling queasy a bit on Saturday and Sunday, and by Monday I was constantly queasy. I kept feeling hungry and thinking I could eat, but then I seriously regretted eating. By yesterday I was down to just a few tiny meals. I woke up today feeling marginally less queasy but completely weak (the consequence of too few calories, I imagine) so I still ate almost nothing. But after lunch (Mary made me grilled cheese! I didn't even ask -- she just was being wonderful!) I started feeling better, so I made it to the gym for the third day in a row, and this time after I finished on the bike the queasiness didn't immediately return. Thank goodness. I'm not 100% yet, but I've eaten a reasonable amount of food over the course of the evening, so I shouldn't be weak tomorrow.

In the meantime, my weight has plummeted! I wish I could cheerfully eat a dinner as small as a half bowl of soup and a half of a smallish quesadilla every night. I wish I had to work to get UP to my level of calories instead of keeping it DOWN to that. Only I believe I hate nausea more than any other symptom -- give me pain over nausea anyday.

My challenge to myself over the next three days is to exercise ONCE. Usually between Friday and Sunday I barely move. I used to get exercise on Fridays walking downtown in the afternoon, but that hasn't worked out in months. So I need to find a way to get moving.

No comments: