Friday, March 26, 2010

Follow-up

That post below is from yesterday. I never finished it and so just saved it as a draft. I decided to just post it the way it was...

Anyway... Night two of C-PAP went much better. I did wake up several times during the night, but didn't remove the mask. I switched the humidifer to NOT heated humidity - and think that helped a lot. I definitely had more moisture on my face when I took off the mask, but I found it much easier to breathe while it was on and I did not wake up feeling overly hot and like I was being smothered. I kept the mask on until 5am this time - which I think is good progress. I can't tell if I feel better today than I normally would. I definitely felt that buzzy, hungover feeling in the shower today - but it has gone away.

Katie has been on a fish cooking kick, which has been great for me! First we had a salmon with an Asian sort of glaze and peas. She served it with whole wheat pasta. Then we had grilled Mahi on a bed of sauteed spinach and navy beans with pine nuts. I can't remember what we did on Wednesday... Then last night she did small (not bay but about that size) scallops sauteed with strawberry salsa served with angle hair pasta with garlic and olive oil. YUMMY! We are having salmon again tonight - Miso salmon hopefully - with mashed potatoes.

Emily is try to bully me into training to run and I may take her up on that. I so badly would love to be able to run. I just can't make my body work that way. I never could. Even as a young child if I ran my teeth would hurt - and I mean hurt to the point of making me drool. I don't know why that happens. Anyway - I am going to work on it...

3 comments:

Emily said...

I bet Dr. Behar could explain the teeth issue! He knows everything. But the conditioning program is BARELY a running program, and you don't even HAVE to run (it just makes it more fun IMHO -- I can't stand just walking and end up half jogging even when I think I'm just going for a walk).

Emily said...

Oh -- and I'm envious of your diet! As of Lent I stopped eating meat except on Sundays and didn't say anything to the rest of my family. Daniel finally noticed on Wednesday that we were getting a bit fish-heavy. So I managed to hide it for five weeks! But I would have an open rebellion on my hands if I started serving things on beds of spinach, and I've been told whole wheat pasta is outright banned (I know it's not AS good, but *I* still like it). If it's not tuna divan or grilled salmon (permitted in leftovers as primavera or chowder) I get complaints from somebody. And the cod here is just NOT as good as Norway's. Sigh.

Sarah said...

Amy, did I tell you that my friend Maureen's boyfriend has a CPAP machine? It surprised me--he's a super-fit athletic ex-Marine (or maybe Navy? Air Force? One of them) type. He said that it took him several nights to learn to deal with it, but it made a huge difference for him, and now when he goes without it (camping) he wakes up feeling awful. He also recommended getting two machines if you can so one can stay permanently at your house and one can be for travel that you keep ready to go all the time.