Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Icky sicky sick

I've been MIA because I've been coughing up my lungs for most of the past week. "Up" side--the drugs (pseudoephedrine) caused me to lose 7 lbs since last Tuesday. It's definitely all water weight. I have been eating fairly normally, and drinking insane amounts of any liquid. I am feeling markedly better today, so I look for my weight to creep back to "normal" in the next few days. I haven't been exercising at all; I actually tried to do a 40 minute pilates DVD last Wednesday, but I stopped when the hundreds nearly killed me. I couldn't do the breathing, which I suppose makes total sense given my upper respiratory situation at the time. And holding your breath for the duration of each move seems to defeat the point. I made it about 15 minutes into the DVD, so that is my total activity for the week.

No comments: