Friday, March 05, 2010

Eating well, not exercising

Since cutting out sweets and insisting on buying *enough* fruit and vegetables to make them into snacks (always a problem with Brian--he does the shopping and isn't a big fruit eater and doesn't think of vegetables as more than a side dish, so he never buys enough of anything) I've been eating really well. I'm having 7 or 8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, not snacking on junk after work and in the evening, and just generally doing better with my diet than I have in a long time. I haven't counted calories, but don't feel a big need to at the moment since my meals are the same that they always have been and my snacks are lower calorie.

Exercise, however, has been hard to come by. I've been on the go every day early morning until late at night. I've only managed one lunch break this week to get to the gym (I haven't been taking lunch breaks since I'm getting to work between 9 and 9:30 so I can get the kids on the bus, and then have had to leave by 5 two days this week instead of staying until 5:30 or 6). I'll get there again today, but two days at the gym in a week isn't good. I have no evenings either since I've got Brian gone Monday - Wednesday and I'm gone Thursday evening. That'll ease up in the summer, thank goodness. I'm hoping to get out on my bike tomorrow for a short ride, but I have to do a lot of baking tomorrow (basketball/school parties on Sunday and Monday), so can't stay out for long.

As expected, my weight was back up to 151.2 this morning--eating less is fine for maintaining my weight, but I really have to get in that daily exercise if I want to actually LOSE weight.

No comments: