Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Now celebrate like a true Irishman and go to church. Peter always laughs at the fact St. Patty's is associated with drinking here. His pioneer granny would not approve!

So day 1 of my grand super duper master plan scheme worked out well. I trekked across the city at lunch time, and it worked out mostly like I thought it would. I need to try another route across to the harbor; I took Fayette yesterday and it is way too ghetto for me. (Keep in mind--this is Fayette west of Charles.) It's no fun trying to weave your way through a group of drug addicts at varying levels of highness just to get across the street. I'm going to try Baltimore St tomorrow. I also brought in a pair of sneakers to keep at work. Given my crippled feet I can't afford to have them hurting after a lunch time walk.

My food plan worked out well too. We had a let's dish dinner, and I went to the grocery store and stocked up on decent snacks, etc. I packaged veggies and nuts into the right portions so all I have to do is grab them in the morning.

Today was going to be our lunch out day and Peter wanted to go to Slainte, but now I am not sure if it is going to work out like that. Hopefully. Dinner tonight is going to be another Let's Dish meal. and we had oatmeal for breakfast again.

I am a little worried about getting my scheduled exercise in tonight; I have a ton of grading to do. I think if I go to the gym right when I get home I should be ok.

No comments: