Tuesday, March 16, 2010

OK - That wasn't so bad

Well, my weight was lower today than I expected. This was after ordering pizza last night - and I didn't even get the thin crust!! So instead of being 40 pounds over my starting weight I am exactly 35 pounds over that point. Ugh.

I couldn't sleep last night at all! I have been shooting to get to bed by 10:30 each night as my Lenten resolution. Last night I was a little bit late. I was in bed by 10:45 and read until about 11:15. Then, I turned off my light, rolled over and COULDN'T sleep! The last I remember checking the clock was at 2:15am. SO frustrating! Remarkably, I don't feel so bad today. I guess four hours is enough for me. I am going to be tired tonight I bet. Anyway, I was dreaming this morning that Williamsburg was flooding. Not dramatically flooding, but the water levels were going up in areas and the interpreters were supposed to be measuring it. I was going around giving the water gauges to people (aparently I worked there...).

I have a weird welt on my cheek where the CPAP mask was resting. This was a spot that was bothering me even at the time, so I wonder if there was a slight crack or someting in the seal that was pinching my skin, or perhaps it stuck their more. Regardless, it is bugging me now.

I just had my reminder pop up telling me to go for a walk, so I think I will do that now...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you write this early and then not post it until later, because I swear this post wasn't here when I posted earlier!

Claire and I have been having sleeping problems too--I think natural night owls have more difficulty with the time change in the spring. I can force myself out of bed when it's dark and drag myself through the day, but I'm just not going to be tired at what my body says is 9:30 at night no matter how early I got up!

Good for you for going for your walk!

Emily said...

Daniel and I both had trouble sleeping soundly last night until our usual bedtime (that is, an hour past what the clock said was usual), and in spite of extra sleep the last two nights I'm still dragging in the mornings, as are the kids, who always get plenty of sleep. I think it takes a week to get fully adjusted. Like you, Daniel was up promptly this morning (though now he seems to be coming down with something -- I hope it's not what I had -- so he's tired after all); isn't it weird that the evenings should be worse than the mornings?

Amy said...

Yes, Sarah. It regularly write posts over the course of several hours and almost NEVER remember to change the posting time so they show up as earlier then they really are. It only matters when there are other people posting.