Friday, March 19, 2010

Four pounds lighter

Gotta love stomach viruses, huh? I mentioned on Wednesday that I wasn't feeling great. By 2 in the afternoon it turned into a full-fledged stomach virus (mortifying--it hit about five minutes before a meeting I was supposed to have, so at the start of the meeting I was huddled on the floor in the bathroom. I dragged myself out to meet this woman and just tell her I'd call her later. Amazing how people stay far away and agree with anything you say when you look that sick!). I spent all Wednesday not eating, then moved up to soup by yesterday noonish, and a tiny real meal last night. Pretty awful.

Of course I got no real exercise in that time--nothing at all on Wednesday. Yesterday I watched through the pose guide of a yoga video I got, but didn't do anything other than watch. I did my back stretching and strengthening last night. Today I'm back to the usual schedule--up at 5:30 and actually DID the yoga (very relaxing, good stretching, but really TOO relaxing to be really exercise--this was a video for raw beginners, though, and was also really short. It was supposed to be an "energizing" routine, but by the end I was ready to go back to bed!). I have to leave early today to get Connor from the bus, so I won't get to the gym, but I should be able to get out for a run or ride tonight.

Have any of you seen in the news the woman who is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the fattest mother, and now wants to go all out and get up to 1,000 pounds to make it into the book as the fattest woman? She seems to be very happy with herself, and thinks this is a good decision (although later she said the interviewers got it wrong--the 1,000 pound thing is just a fantasy she puts out there for her "fans." She earns her income by running a website where people pay to watch her eat). When I first saw this I thought it must be a hoax, but apparently not. And I can't figure out who is sicker--the woman who wants to be even fatter than she already is, or the people who pay to watch her eat.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like you got hit a lot harder than I did! I'm glad you're starting to recover. I found that the recumbent bike was great for exercise during better moments -- you don't need the energy to hold your body up all by yourself, but you get your heart rate up and get sweating, which makes it feel like you're recovering. The road bike will take more effort than the recumbent, but I suspect you'll enjoy that more than the running tonight, if you're still a bit wiped out.

Hope you continue to feel better!