Wednesday, March 03, 2010

More rambling

I don't have a lot to say, but that's not going to keep me from posting!!! LOL.

So I have exercised Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Pretty good. Food has been ok; we haven't been overeating but we haven't been eating salads and water either. I have also been trying to go to bed when I am sleepy. Getting enough sleep was one of the suggestions in The Happiness Project book, so I am trying to take the author's advice and instead of crashing on the sofa to only have to get up and crawl into bed at midnight, I am trying to go to bed when I am tired. I have slept solidly through each of the last few nights. I can't say it makes me happier, but I am certainly not as exhausted as usual.

Well, I guess that's all. Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Getting a good night sleep is recommended in EVERY diet book I have ever read. I really always intend to TRY to go to bed at a reasonable hour - but I never quite manage it. Last night I was up until 1:20am reading my newest diet book. But I am still partially on West Coast time. I really need to get a good night sleep tonight!

Sarah said...

Good for you on being so consisten with the exercise! I don't know if you follow Cathy Zielske on FB, but her husband tells her that every time she exercises, God saves a puppy. You've already saved three puppies this week!

Julie S said...

Hysterical--I love saving puppies! Hahaha.

Every diet book says about the same thing, in my opinion. There isn't any major revelation from one to the next. The Happiness Project book is more about attitude than anything. So as far as sleep is concerned, it really has to be a priority if you want to put up your A game every day. I'd sit up and read every night if I let myself, and I am making a concerted effort to listen to my body and if I am tired, go to sleep. I'm not to the point of not bringing a book into the bedroom, but I set my limits before I even open the book.