Tuesday, March 16, 2010

154 -- that's not fair!

So, last week I had a stomach virus, which left me eating maybe 700-800 calories a day -- I was painfully hungry if I ate less, but more nauseated every time I ate anything. My weight went as low as 148 in the middle of the week, but then, inexplicably, it started going back up! I even went to the gym three times during the week (though I just did the bike -- 250ish calories instead of 400ish, and no crunches or pushups, because the one day I did crunches left me feeling much, much worse). Over the weekend I started to feel normal, so for two days I ate freely just for the sheer pleasure of food feeling good again -- but I did NOT eat 7000 calories extra!! I would have been sick all over again -- I can't eat like that, ever. So WHY did my weight go up by two pounds from last Tuesday? Especially when I clearly had 4 pounds of water weight to shed? Sigh.

Today I'm back to counting calories obsessively. (There was no point when I was eating barely a fraction of a serving of anything, and just in dribs and drabs all day.) I have three gym trips planned for this week. I'm thinking that my goal of being under 150 before Easter is looking less and less realistic, though. Back to the daily grind!

No comments: