Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vacation eating

My calorie totals for today are scary. We ate brunch in the hotel dining room and I ate WAY too much -- I can't say "no" to breakfast foods! We didn't do lunch, though I snacked on pretzels and almonds. And we went to Outback for dinner (not our choice; we went with friends -- when you're in a town that's full of restaurants, why pick a chain you could find anywhere?) which meant too much food again. I did manage a step count of close to 9000 -- the kids and I walked around on the beach for a while, and I walked in circles while they hung out in the hot tub this morning -- but I find myself doing exactly what I wanted to avoid, i.e., eating more than enough extra calories to make up for the good I did last week. Sigh.

We stopped at a grocery store and got our own mini-Continental buffet for tomorrow (cereal, fruit, and pastries) so the kids won't be too upset when we don't go to the hotel breakfast again. Breakfast is not included with the room (expensive hotel, too) and I hate paying ridiculous amounts for only a little bit of food. Eating in should help me cut calories a bit tomorrow. We're going to walk down to the lighthouse on the island tomorrow, too, and the real walking (as opposed to in-room walking) will do me good. I'll try to be good at dinner and lunch, but it's SO hard when the menu options are so appealing!

No comments: