Sunday, March 07, 2010

Just checking in...

We have had no water all day. I guess, Julie, you probably have been in the same boat. This is such a flashback to five years ago (or so) when we had no water for a week, no power for most of a week and a hurricane. (So I guess that was more than five years ago.) Anyway - so between the snow melting in, the loss of power for 28 hours on Wednesday/Thursday and now this, I am ready to move into a yurt somewhere where you NEVER have power or water and you always have snow melting in. Sigh.

Sarah, how do you eat so many fruits and veggies. I am proud of myself if I manage to get three in. I may have to focus more on that. Well, it is now four minutes past my weekend bedtime, and Servpro is supposed to be coming tomorrow between 8 am and 11, so I'd better get to bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm doing what they always tell you to do to get in more fruits and vegetables--prepping them in advance and then just always having them nearby. I'm making sure to always have a fruit serving at breakfast, then I pack two fruits and two veggies (cut up cucumber, snap peas, or carrots) to have at work, then eat two servings of veggies with dinner (I just double up on whatever we're having--we're not organized enough to always have a salad and a vegetable), and then I'll occasionally have another piece of fruit after dinner.

Julie S said...

Our water was still running Saturday morning and never went totally away from what I understand. We were in NYC all weekend so it didn't impact us. It was running last night at nearly regular pressure, and this morning was totally fine.