Friday, April 02, 2010

Nothing to say, so I'll say a lot of nothing again

Where is everybody? I hope nobody's posting because you're all out enjoying the amazing weather. I'm enjoying it, but not getting much exercise; yesterday we had to be at church so early that I couldn't schedule a gym appointment, and instead of really exercising I helped Cecilia learn to ride on a bicycle with training wheels. Monday and Wednesday are my short run days, and on Thursdays I'm supposed to cross-train. I think I hit about 6,000 steps for the day -- hardly cross-training.

I had the fun this morning of seeing my weight below 150 for the second day in a row. It's still up about 5 pounds from where it was a year ago, but it's down about ten from when we got back from Norway (down 13 from my high point in November) so it's moving the right direction, more or less. I shouldn't be able to gain any weight today, at least. And I tried on my skinnier jeans (bought in the 140s, not the 130s, so not super skinny) and they're fitting OK again, though when I sit there's a muffin top. How did I squeeze into these all the way through August?

Tomorrow I have a four-mile run. I considered doing an 8k (weird length!) they have going on in the morning, but after today I suspect I won't be up to it, and I don't really want to have to get up early and drive to Radford. If I'd been at the training a little longer I might be more enthused about it. I think I'll stick to the local 4-miler.

No comments: