Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well, there goes my pinky toe!

I was 141.2 this morning, up almost a pound from last Wednesday. And my skirt today is tight. This is how all of my clothes used to feel, back when I was squeezing a size 14 body into size 12 clothes because I refused to buy any larger. Now at least it's size 10 that is feeling too tight. Definitely time to get serious because I don't think I have much left of my larger clothes.

I started the day well with two boiled eggs for breakfast and a piece of whole grain toast. The pears I got last week are finally ripe enough to eat, so I'll have some fruit today. And it's Back to School night at Claire's school, which will keep me from snacking so much this evening. Oh, and Yvonne (the receptionist) is back at work so I can't dip into the taffy without being noticed! No gym today, though--got a lunch meeting to go to. This is a crazy time of year for me. I have so many deadlines and our major fundraiser of the year is coming up so even though I'm only minimally involved in that I still have more "development" stuff going on each day (as opposed to "grants" stuff which is my actual job). But maybe I'll force myself to do a pilates video tonight. I suspect I need that more than the running anyway.

1 comment:

Amy said...

No - I think cutting off your pinky toe would be counter productive... There isn't enough bulk to affect that much change in the scale - and it would prevent you from running (with good excuse!) until it healed - and by then you would be out of your rhythem again... No - I think you need to cut off your ear like the petty theives of olden days.