Friday, September 21, 2007

Striving for Perfection

So - I think today is supposed to be my perfect day. I am going to use today as it anyway - and then I am going to mark every fourth day on my calendar so I will KNOW which days for sure going forward.

Yesterday I did OK. I was bad with gluten. We did go to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch and I order the Thai Chicken Pizza. I got it on the whole wheat crust (no bean sprouts and no cilantro). But that was very gluten-y. Last night for dinner I ate leftover Chinese food - so that was good. I forgot to bring my afternoon vitamins and didn't remember them when I was at home - so I only took half of my vitamins. I think I did a good job with the water - I can't remember how many bottles I drank. I think two full ones and then a 16 oz glass at lunch and 16oz before I left for work.

I WENT TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!! This was the first time I think since early July. GACK!

I don't know why I put up barriers for myself. I really don't hate it as much as I think I do. I wasn't fancy last night. I just went and walked on the treadmill for 47 minutes... Actually, I set it for 45 minutes on the Alpine Pass - but you get a 2 minute cool down on that - so it was 47 minutes. I was forced to go because my friend Gloria from work just joined and so she met me there. I didn't want to stand her up since this was her first visit to the gym. Then, once I was there, of course I HAD to do something - and so I did. It was a pretty good. My shins were in agony from about 6 minutes until I hit the magic 20 minute mark. I love that 20 minute thing... Seriously - after 20 minutes I could walk for another hour or more - but up until that time it is pure agony!!!

Today I am off to a pretty good start - I had breakfast (on my deck) and a banana for a morning snack. I drank water and took my vitamins this morning. I didn't floss my teeth because I couldn't find the floss in the bathroom (pathetic!) but I did do a face masque - so my skin is youthfully glowing now... I will floss tonight. I want more coffee now - but I didn't bring an extra thermos today - so often I don't drink the extra coffee I bring, so the past few days I haven't been bringing it. Sigh. I am going to Chipotle today for lunch. You would think I would be sick of beans and rice - but not really. I have been craving it lately. I think beans and rice are the perfect base for a lot of foods.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I found a neat tool online that calculates your calories for your Chipotle order. It is fun because you can add and remove stuff to get your calories to be what you want them to be. Luckily, a burito bol for me is between two and three meals. So - I can divide the calories in half to get the count. A chicken and beef are only 11 calories different, corn salsa is a lot more calories than green tomatillo salsa. Sour cream adds calories - but not so many that I would give it up... and Guacamole - I will never eat it again!!! I suppose if I got it on the side I could use less of it - but otherwise it adds like 300 calories!!!!