Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Totally in a Rut

Despite what Emily said, I am TOTALLY in a rut!! My weight today was 224.4 - the exact same thing as last week - wasn't it? Or maybe it is up from last week. I can't remember now and now that I am not tracking my weight daily I haven't recorded it on my charts. Sigh. I need to get back on board again too.


I need to start exercising again. I am going to the gym tonight if it KILLS me (and it just may). I am going to clean the sewing room up this weekend so my treadmill will be accessable again.

My food hasn't been bad... Or it hasn't been very much - which I think for me is bad. I think I mentioned that the nutritionist wants me to track when I feel hungry, how hungry I feel, and what I do about it. It has made me much more aware of being hungry - but it hasn't (so far) helped me to eat more during the day. At least not much. I HAVE to start eating breakfast before I leave for work again. Yesterday I didn't eat my cereal until 4:30 pm. Of course, I had eaten before that (almonds and some fresh fruit) but that isn't ANYTHING like enough calories during the day. Why can't I eat like a normal person? Then last night Katie and I went for sushi. That kept me pretty full all evening - but I had a small ice cream cone around 9pm. That was my entire consumption for the day. Basically, minimal vegetables but mostly healthy foods (except the ice cream).

I like the idea of one perfect day a week - or rotating through, which gives us closer to 1.75 perfect days a week. I think that may be enough to help get us back into some kind of good pattern.

1 comment:

Emily said...

How can you be in a rut when you're analyzing every piece of food that crosses your lips -- that whole elimination diet was a total rut deviation! That's why I didn't think you were in a rut. You've learned something new and you're keeping a hunger log -- that's not a rut in my book, at least not until you've been at the log for a while.

We're all in an exercise rut, though -- either barely getting out or not at all. Sigh.