Monday, September 17, 2007

Better, but not perfect

Yesterday I went for a bike ride with the kids -- not exactly hard exercise, but we did travel 4 miles and I was pulling the trailer with Cecilia in it, so it was something, and I could feel a bit of effort in my legs. I took the kids onto campus which meant using roads for a short piece of the trip. This turned out to be very stressful -- they are inclined to stop dead with little warning, something you can't do that close to traffic! I took an alternate route on the way home that had wide sidewalks pretty much the whole way, until we got to the trail, and it was much better. Now I know.

I ate well all day until around dinner time, even though it was Sunday and we had waffles and bacon -- I stuck to one waffle and ate three pieces of bacon, but we didn't have lunch later so that wasn't really out of control. Then I had a half glass of wine with dinner (not that much, considering), and I snuck into the candy corn later, and broke down and made popcorn while we watched a movie. It was full-fat popcorn but I tried not to overeat. So I suppose yesterday could have been worse, but it wasn't great. Sigh.

My weight was 149.5 this morning. I don't think it's going to do a sudden drop tomorrow! Oh, well!

No comments: