Thursday, September 06, 2007

I am a disaster.

I weighed in at 167 today. I didn't check, but I believe that is where I started at 2 years ago. I totally blew my good habits and lower weights from spring of this year. I think I am riding in the EXACT same boat as Sarah. It is the SS Disaster.

I know there are a lot of worse things that life can throw at us than being overweight, and I know none of us like the extra pounds we are carrying on our bodies, but we aren't exactly in dire straits because of our weights either. Yet the thing that just keeps nagging at me is WHY hasn't our little cluster of perfectly intelligent, creatively motivated women been able to conquer this challenge? Do you think we are overthinking this and using our excessive combined brain power against ourselves? I am seriously thinking we'd have a better chance at turning our efforts towards creating a lasting world peace than at losing weight and keeping it off. Maybe that's what's wrong--we are too focused on the problem and we should turn our attention towards some other cause where the side effect will be weight loss? I am feeling pretty hopeless today, so that is the likely source of my ranting. I am actually going to go to Target after work and get one of those gut-squisher garments to take on my cruise next week to smooth my fat situation a little bit for my nice dresses at dinner.

I am contemplating signing up for a marathon or half marathon, with only hopes of finishing it whether it be all walking or running and walking, and trying to raise funds for a charity. Maybe because my attention is focused all on myself I am telling myself it is ok to not reach my goals. Maybe if someone else is counting on me I won't be so quick to settle.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The SS Disaster! That made me laugh!

Those gut squisher garments are great. I have to wear a dress for a party next week that I bought when I was 10 pounds lighter. I'd better try it on and see if I need to wear it with the gut squisher. I'm thinking probably yes. Ugh.