Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One only sorta good day

Well, I ate better than usual yesterday -- I had no alcohol and no chocolate (except for a couple of nibbles of the kids' pieces of cakes) and I ate exactly two chips when Daniel broke them out in the evening. I kept portion sizes reasonable and I ate grapes when I was craving sweet (they helped a little, but they weren't chocolate), and I ate carrots when I got munchy in late afternoon and had already eaten enough pretzels to satisfy the maximum servings of starchy foods.

I walked to the car place and back (a slight jog the second time, because I had kids on bicycles to keep up with) but that was all of a mile and a half, and that was it for exercise for me yesterday. Today I'm back to being allowed to be poorly behaved so I'm eating my own piece of cake (it will be gone soon anyway). Even if y'all aren't joining me in the rotation, I'm still going to be good every fourth day. But it would be more fun if I had company in this!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, I tried for a good day yesterday, but I didn't get any exercise except for walking to Claire's school for Back to School Night, and that's only a few blocks, and I bought some of the Hershey's Kisses Candy Corn (white chocolate colored to look like candy corn--I think they'd be very cute on chocolate cookies!) and ate a bunch of them. Claire ate more, though. Brian and I watched a movie last night and I skipped the beer but had half of the popcorn, but that's not really bad in my book--we get the light stuff so it was only about 100 calories that I ate. My food otherwise was good. I even checked the right portion size for the ravioli we had for dinner and only ate one serving! Today I'm doing better--no snacking so far, and I got to the gym, so maybe I'll make today my "good" day and then I can let myself slack for a day or so.

Amy said...

Oh! That would be good because I HAVEN'T had a good day like I expected. I can make mine tomorrow!

Julie S said...

What day is mine?