Friday, September 14, 2007

Past Imperfect

OK - I was beyond imperfect yesterday! I was worse yesterday than I have been in a long time - or maybe it was just because I was trying to be perfect yesterday. I don't know - either way I sucked.

After I posted yesterday I did pretty much nothing else. I don't think I actually ate anything all day yesterday. By the time I was ready to take a break it was only an hour or so until my potato chip tasting session. So - I didn't want to fill up before that. I ate about 8 chips ( 4 samples). Then I went home to see the progress on the deck - which I knew would be a mistake - but I wanted to see the wood in the daylight and it would be dark AFTER I went to the gym. I, of course, got distracted by removing the barrier in front of the doors and standing on my un-railed deck and admiring the view from that particular angle... Then by uploading the Drums of Autumn onto my computer. I finished it last night. In the meantime I ate a chicken panini sandwich. Oh! I forgot to mention on my perfect day list is:
7. No gluten.

So - at that point I decided to give it up as a bad job, planned to do it today instead and proceeded to eat about 8 pieces of candy corn. That was it though. I didn't do any exercise, unless you count walking down to get the trash can - which I don't of course.

At midnight last night I remembered that we were having our dual baby shower today and that I needed to wrap present for two people from me and also ones from Lynne (who is in Florida and couldn't come to the party). That meant that today was ruined as a perfect day because included in it was a team lunch of pizza and coldstone cake. I had just one piece of each and the pizza was white pizza (which isn't better for you, but it is meatless). Both of them were chock full of gluten so now I am yawning fit to split my jaw. I never noticed how tired I got after eating gluten. I wonder if I just didn't notice before or if I was more immune to it. Or maybe I assumed it was just because I had eaten in general and not because of the gluten. I wonder if this might contribute subliminally to me not eating while I am at work at all. Why eat if it makes me so sleepy?

Anyway - so I think I am going to postpone my perfect day AGAIN until tomorrow. From my list however, yesterday I did the vitamin part. I was perfect with that. That was it. Today so far I had two regular meals (breakfast and lunch) icecream cake as a snack. I have consumed about 32 oz of water - actually a little more... closer to 44 I think. I discovered that if I mix the Rheum with water it is actaully paletable. Full strength is really gross!!! I have taken my morning vitamins and will take my afternoon ones when I finish this post. I think I can commit to flossing - but I feel fairly sure I am not going to the gym (the deck is supposed to be finished tonight so I have to check that out!!!) I already blew it on the gluten. Maybe I can convince Katie to help me move the furniture back - so I can do a yoga video in the living room...

No comments: