Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm back...

We had a great trip to Canada/New England on the cruise. Ate a lot, walked a lot, slept a lot. I was up a pound from before I left, which is up like a gazillion pounds from my lowest. I came in at 168 yesterday, but I was 169.5 today. Not up to my fattest ever, but getting dangerously close.

This week is proving to be very stressful and I just don't see organized exercise making it onto my to do list. This week makes me remember why normal people with full time jobs don't get part time jobs. On top of that I have a doctors appt Thursday that is freaking me out--I have to go back to the gyn because my pap was abnormal and the lady is going to root around in there some more to see if she can see what's up given the "early levels of cellular change." And Peter went back to regular duty yesterday, which I didn't think would worry me as much as it has turned out to. Plus his schedule is stretching us too (2 day shifts followed by 2 night shifts, then 4 days off); I imagine we'll adapt to that but right now it sucks.

My eating since I've been back has been odd; the only food in the house is bananas, apples and pears, so that has been breakfast/morning snack for Monday, Tuesday and today. Lunch Monday was a tastycake and dinner was pizza from pizza hut. Tuesday lunch was thai with a client, and dinner was Let's Dish chicken bruscetta. I brought a pudding and a string cheese for lunch today, and I think Peter pulled out pork chops and potatoes from Let's Dish for dinner tonight.

So my first day inthe rotation will be this Friday. I am certain the last 2 Fridays I was not "good" given the amount of food we were eating, although we did walk significantly more than normal. We did 2/3 of the Freedom Trail in Boston last Friday morning, and trapsed around Salem all afternoon. We bought the National Park Passport too. That is a really neat thing--you can get it stamped at a number of the parks and it looks similar to a regular passport stamp. We got 3 on this trip.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Julie, just to clarify, the rotation thing is every four days. Today is my day, then Friday is Sarah, then Saturday is Amy, and you're on for Sunday. Your next day after that would be Thursday. If you screw up a day you can make it up any day you like. Of course you don't have to follow this schedule -- we've been leaving a day for you as though you were there because I think none of us wants to be good even every three days, though for me the bleed-over effect seems good for three of the four days and then I fall apart and get a fresh start on the fourth. Once a week wouldn't be enough for me but if you want to do it at that rate you're welcome to.